With a delayed start to the 2020 winter season, College Sport Auckland competitions are now back underway for Term 3. Excited teams from many schools are competing in various codes and grades. With many sports back in full swing, school grounds, club fields and public sports facilities are again being filled with many high school athletes back doing what they love.
The winter season consists of a diverse range of codes including badminton, basketball, cycling, football, hockey, lacrosse, netball, rugby league, rugby union, squash, table tennis and underwater hockey, to get everyone involved in what they enjoy. Despite the delayed start due to COVID-19, most teams were lucky enough to begin their season in the second to last week of Term 2, while some of our weekly competitions will be run through Term 3 only.
In addition to our weekly competitions, there are several events to look forward to in Term 3 including:
- Ultimate Senior Indoor Championships on Sunday 26 July
- Swimming Individual Championships on Sunday 9 August
- Badminton Championships on Tuesday 11 August
- Lacrosse Girls Championships on Wednesday 12 August
- Road Race Championships on Tuesday 18 August
- Table Tennis Championships on Thursday 20 August
- Gymsports Championships on Monday 31 August
- Ski Championships on Tuesday 1 September
- Squash Team Championships on Tuesday 1 & Wednesday 2 September
- Cross Country Championships on Thursday 3 September
- Ki O Rahi Senior Championships on Tuesday 22 September
For more information as well as draws and results for the competitions above, please refer to the relevant sport page.
We look forward to seeing everyone at our upcoming competitions. Whether you are an athlete on the field or a loyal supporter on the sideline, we wish you all the best for the winter season.
Follow our social media accounts for photos and videos of the action throughout the term.