College Sport Auckland’s Young Sportsperson of the Year (YSPOTY) Awards have been held since 1991 to celebrate the outstanding sporting achievements of Auckland secondary school students.
Young Sportsman of the Year 2019 – Taine Murray, Rosmini College (Basketball) & Young Sportswoman of the Year 2019 – Katie Doar, St Cuthbert’s College (Hockey)
Nominations are now closed.
To submit additional information for students that you have nominated please complete the form below:
Additional information for nominees can be submitted up until Tuesday 5th October.
Additional information for finalists can be submitted up until Monday 1st November.
The YSPOTY Awards recognise outstanding achievement in the following categories:
- Sports (athletics, badminton, basketball, cricket, cycling, distance running, football, golf, gymsports, hockey, lacrosse, netball, orienteering, rowing, rugby league, rugby union, snow sports, softball, squash, swimming, table tennis, tennis, touch, triathlon, ultimate, underwater hockey, volleyball, waka ama, water polo, weightlifting and yachting)
- All Rounders
- Athlete with a Disability
- Service to Secondary School Sport
- Aktive Student Coach of the Year
- Aktive Student Official of the Year
- National Team Champions
- International Achievement
College Sport Auckland made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 YSPOTY Awards due to COVID-19. Most regional and national events did not take place and the YSPOTY panel were unable to choose winners for the majority of individual sports.