College Sport Auckland’s Young Sportsperson of the Year (YSPOTY) Awards have been held since 1991 to celebrate the outstanding sporting achievements of Auckland secondary school students.
Young Sportsman of the Year 2019 – Taine Murray, Rosmini College (Basketball) & Young Sportswoman of the Year 2019 – Katie Doar, St Cuthbert’s College (Hockey)
As of Wednesday 9 September, College Sport Auckland has made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 YSPOTY Awards which were due to be held at Eden Park on Thursday 19 November. With ongoing uncertainly around alert levels, CSA is unable to confidently proceed. Most regional and national events have not taken place and the YSPOTY panel are unable to choose winners for the majority of individual sports. CSA are currently investigating how we can recognise individuals who have excelled this year. Nominations have now been closed for this reason.
The YSPOTY Awards recognise outstanding achievement in the following categories:
- Sports (athletics, badminton, basketball, cricket, cycling, distance running, football, golf, gymsports, hockey, lacrosse, netball, orienteering, rowing, rugby league, rugby union, snow sports, softball, squash, swimming, table tennis, tennis, touch, triathlon, underwater hockey, volleyball, waka ama, water polo, yachting)
- All Rounders
- Athlete with a Disability
- Service to Secondary School Sport
- Aktive Student Coach of the Year
- Aktive Student Official of the Year
- National Team Champions
- International Achievement