College Sport Auckland’s Young Sportsperson of the Year (YSPOTY) Awards have been held since 1991 to celebrate the outstanding sporting achievements of Auckland secondary school students.
Young Sportswoman of the Year 2021 – Frances Jonas, Baradene College (Cricket) & Young Sportman of the Year 2021 – Lewis Bower, Westlake Boys High School (Cycling)
The YSPOTY Awards recognise outstanding achievement in the following categories:
- Sports (athletics, badminton, basketball, cricket, cycling, distance running, football, golf, gymsports, hockey, lacrosse, netball, orienteering, rowing, rugby league, rugby union, snow sports, softball, squash, swimming, table tennis, tennis, touch, triathlon, ultimate, underwater hockey, volleyball, waka ama, water polo, weightlifting and yachting)
- All Rounders
- Athlete with a Disability
- Service to Secondary School Sport
- Aktive Student Coach of the Year
- Aktive Student Official of the Year
- National Team Champions
- International Achievement
College Sport Auckland made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 YSPOTY Awards due to COVID-19. Most regional and national events did not take place and the YSPOTY panel were unable to choose winners for the majority of individual sports.