The College Sport Auckland Junior Water Polo competition in Term 1 will consist of three one-day tournaments. These tournaments are to be used as introductory games in preparation for the full season in Term 4.
- ODT 1 Saturday 7 March (entries close 26 February)
- ODT 2 Saturday 21 March (entries close 11 March) CANCELLED
- ODT 3 Saturday 4 April (entries close 25 March) CANCELLED
- Tournaments will run between 10.00am – 9.00pm.
- Schools may request a later start (e.g. 12noon) if their players have other school sporting commitments (e.g. cricket or tennis) but this must be included with their entry.
- Each group will be based at either AUT Millennium, Diocesan Aquatic Centre, Epsom Girls Grammar School, King’s College or Sacred Heart College for the day.
- Entries must be submitted in EnterNOW by 11.59pm on the entries closing date.
- Schools may enter more than one team in a grade, but if there are too many entries for pool space, a second team may need to be removed.
- Junior A Boys/Mixed
- Junior B Boys/Mixed
- Junior A Girls
- Junior B Girls
- Mixed teams may enter the Junior A or B Boys/Mixed grades, and must state they are mixed in EnterNOW.
- College Sport Auckland reserves the right to place teams in appropriate grades.
- All players must be in year 10 or below, and under 15 on the 1st January in the year of play, and must only play for the school they currently attend.
- Only secondary schools who have paid the College Sport Auckland levies for year 7 & 8’s can play students from below year 9, provided they are currently attending that school.
- Refer to the College Sport Auckland Bylaws for further eligibility information.
- Teams rostered on for table duty must supply three competent people (supervised by an adult if needed) or appropriate penalties will be applied.
- This competition will be played under the College Sport Auckland Bylaws.
- Games will be played under the FINA Water Polo Rules unless otherwise stated.
- Games will be seven-a-side with up to 13 players per team per game.
- All grades will use a size 4 ball.
- Quarters are 5 minutes running time and tournaments will run on a tight time frame so teams will not get long breaks between quarters or prior to games. No time outs will be permitted.
- All teams must supply their own playing caps and balls.
- White caps start on the left side of table duty, seen from table duty.
- All players must wear regulation swimwear and ensure their nails are cut.
Draws & Results
- Draws and results will be available under Water Polo Junior Draws & Results.
- Schools are responsible for entering and/or checking their results in SportsRunner.
Health & Safety
AUT Millennium & National Aquatic Centre
Diocesan School Aquatic Centre
Epsom Aquatic Centre
Sacred Heart Aquatic Centre
St Cuthbert’s College Centennial Pool
West Wave Pool & Leisure Centre