Date & Venue
- The College Sport Auckland Road Running Championships will be held Tuesday 20 August at Pulman Park, Walters Road, Takanini.
- Junior: Under 14 on 1 January 2019
- Intermediate: Under 16 on 1 January 2019
- Senior: Under 19 on 1 January 2019
- Schools may enter unlimited individuals.
- Entries must be submitted in EnterNOW by 11.59pm Monday 12 August 2019.
- Do not advise College Sport Auckland of scratchings prior to race day. Schools will be invoiced for all entries (regardless of whether they competed) after the event.
Start Time & Course Distances
- 10.30am Managers Meeting
- 10.40am Marshals Meeting
- 11.00am Junior Girls (3km)
- 11.20am Junior Boys (4km)
- 11.40am Intermediate & Senior Girls (4km) – age groups combined
- 12.00pm Intermediate Boys (4km)
- 12.20pm Senior Boys (6km) – time change
- Distances are approximate and subject to change.
- Click here for the updated course map.
- All participating schools must provide at least one volunteer to assist as a course marshal. Marshals must report to College Sport Auckland immediately after the managers meeting.
- All schools are to appoint a team manager irrespective of the number of students entered.
- Their main tasks are to:
- Confirm all runners with College Sport Auckland before the first race begins.
- Attend the compulsory managers meeting at 10.30am.
- Ensure all runners have the correct bib number and transponder.
- Ensure all runners return their transponders to College Sport Auckland after their race.
- Be aware of any medical conditions of an athlete, and to have available the contact details of the athletes’ parents/guardians should they be required in an emergency.
- Check that students who suffer from asthma carry an inhaler with them.
- All runners should report to the start at least 10 minutes prior to their race and must have their allocated number on the front of their top and the matching transponder on their shoe.
- Runners will receive a place card at the finish line. They must return this place card and their transponder to the containers at the end of the finishing chute.
- Schools will be charged $30.00 for each transponder not returned to College Sport Auckland.
- The first three runners from each school in each age group will be eligible for the 3-person team competition and the first six will be eligible for the 6-person team competition.
- If teams finish on equal points, final placings will be determined by the position of each team’s third runner (for 3-person teams) or sixth runner (for 6-person teams).
- Medals will be awarded to the top three individuals, three-person teams, and six-person teams in each age group.
- Prize giving ceremonies will be held throughout the day, once results are confirmed.
- This event is run under the race rules of NZSSAA and IAAF.
- All competitors, managers, spectators, and officials are to practice good sportsmanship and fair play.
- All competitors are to stay on the course and follow the instructions of marshals and officials.
- A competitor may not deliberately impede or obstruct the forward motion of other competitors.
- The penalty for the failure of any of the above rules shall be disqualification.
- Any runner that causes damage to public property or the property of another party shall be liable for the cost of that damage.
- All competitors are to run in their school sports uniform and enclosed sports shoes.
- Playing fields at Pulman Park are off limits – competitors are not permitted to warm up on the fields.
Parking & Facilities
- Parking is available by the rugby rooms (through the second entrance off Walters Road from the Porchester Road end).
- Changing rooms and toilets will be available to use.
- There will be a coffee van onsite from 8.30am.
- College Sport Auckland