St Peter’s College are currently seeking a Head coach for the Premier Water polo team to work with the Teacher in Charge to oversee the school’s Premier team and school water polo programme.
The main roles of the Head Coach
- Coach of the Premier team (commencing Term 4 2019, pre-season training and Trans-Tasman Tournament)
- Attend all trainings, games and tournaments associated with the Premier Team
- Provide a coaching plan for the season that involves goals and targets
- Develop strong team values and culture, developing game structure and skill development
- Premier Team – 2 evening trainings per week, as well as 1 – 2 games per weekend.
- Trainings will commence in Term 4, with a view to attend the Trans-Tasman Tournament in December
- Tournaments include, Supercity Tournament, NISS Championships and NZSS Championships. As well as pre-season January training camp.
Intermediate and Junior Programmes
In additional to the above position there is an option to extend the Head coach role to oversee the Junior/Intermediate programme. Which will involve:
- Providing assistance to the TIC of Water Polo with the structure and development of St Peter’s College Water Polo.
- Attending all training nights to assist with player skill development and game understanding.
- Assist with coach development.
- Intermediate/Junior – Term 2, 3, 4 – 1-2 evening trainings per week.
Ideally this role will suit someone who has coached water polo at Secondary school level at a minimum or has a played Water polo to a high level. This is a paid position on a fixed term agreement.
For more information or to submit your application email Nicky Cattermoul, Director of Sport – firstname.lastname@example.org