St Peter’s College are currently seeking a Head Coach for the Premier Water Polo team to work with the Teacher in Charge to oversee the school’s Premier team and school water polo programme.
The main roles of the Head Coach
1. Coach of the Premier team (commencing Term 4 2019, pre-season Training and Trans-Tasman Tournament)
- Attend all trainings, games and tournaments associated with the Premier Team
- Provide a coaching plan for the season that involves goals and targets
- Develop strong team values and culture, developing game structure and skill development
2. Provide assistance to the TIC of Water Polo with the structure and development of St Peter’s College Water Polo.
3. Lead the Junior/Intermediate coaching programme – This includes attending trainings during Term 2, 3 and 4
4. Provide coach education for coaches of these Junior and Intermediate teams
1. Premier Team
- 2 evening trainings per week, as well as 1 – 2 games per weekend.
- Trainings will commence in Term 4, with a view to attend the Trans-Tasman Tournament in December.
- Tournaments include Supercity Tournament, NISS Championships and NZSS Championships. As well as pre-season January training camp.
- Term 2, 3, 4.
- 1-2 evening trainings per week.
Ideally this role will suit someone who has coached water polo at secondary school level at a minimum or has a played water polo to a high level. This is a paid position on a fixed term agreement.
For more information or to submit your application email Nicky Cattermoul, Director of Sport – email@example.com