James Cook High School, located in Manurewa, is seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced person to this non-teaching position. This is a new role as we seek time to develop sport. The focus is on growing sport and strengthening links within the local sporting community. The position is for a fixed term of 2 years but it is likely that as sport grows the position will become permanent.
The successful applicant will be an energetic, highly enthusiastic person who has outstanding management, administrative, organisational and/or sports leadership skills along with strong inter-personal and communication skills to drive and enhance our sports department.
The role will have responsibility for:
- planning and overseeing the strategic and operational direction of sport to foster both increased participation based on our students’ needs and interests,
- responsibility for a budget,
- leading and motivating our Sports Coordinator, staff and volunteers,
- lead our team of whanau house leaders who facilitate our intra-school lunchtime sports competitions.
- liaising with a wide range of sporting organisations
- facilitate the increase in community volunteers /coaches
- building and maintaining supportive relationships with local businesses and community groups.
An appropriate remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. The salary range is $65000-$85000 plus a laptop and phone.
Applications should be made to Aseel Alasadi at email@example.com.
You will need 3 referees, CV and covering letter.
Click here for an application form.
Click here for the draft job description.
Applications close 10 am Friday 6 March.