This is a unique opportunity to join the staff of one of Auckland’s most successful schools as the Director of Sport Administration and Facilities. Mount Albert Grammar School has a long tradition of sport and the school is proud of its success at the highest level, including national titles and top-level representation by current and past students in a number of sports.
This is a senior role in the school that is supported by the Board of Trustees, Headmaster, Senior Leadership and experienced staff in the sports department and sports academies.
As Director of Sport Administration and Facilities, you will be expected to lead and manage the school’s sporting programme and facilities. This position includes strategic and operational oversight of all sport, management of sports coaches/managers, working with the wider school community, leading a team of Sports Administrators, and oversight of the sports budget.
• Proven successful track record in Sports Management especially at school level.
• A solid understanding of NZ Secondary School Sport.
• Actively involved in school sports at any level.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Have excellent management and organizational skills with a successful background in managing programs and staff and successfully leading initiatives.
• Professional in appearance and manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Relates well and responds effectively to the requests of students, parents and staff.
• Must be competent with Microsoft and KAMAR.
• A Degree or Diploma in Sports Management or Sports Administration preferred.
This is a full-time position (which includes work over the weekends, after school hours and during school holidays).
Start Date: February 2024
Please refer to Staff Vacancies under the School section on our website (www.mags.school.nz) for the job description.
Applicants for this position should have NZ Residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Any enquires to Sarah Hayes firstname.lastname@example.org or (09) 815 4038.
Please send your cover letter, completed Mount Albert Grammar School staff application form and CV to email@example.com.
Applications close 4pm Monday 12th of February 2024.